Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lets Narrow This Down

So I have been thinking about who I am really talking to in this blog and I have decided that I should narrow it down to the group that I think I relate to the most: the extremely obese. A lot of my weight loss tactics could be useful for anyone but the difference between being 20lbs overweight and being 100+ pounds is huge and requires a different approach.

Me and the family in Texas
So there is my beautiful family and I while we were on vacation. As you can see I need to loose a little more than 20 pounds. When that photo was taken I was around 400lbs! Here is another picture from college.
In this picture I was about 450lbs. I have yo-yo'ed in weight for many years. The next picture is from the end of graduate school and is probably the best I have ever looked.

I was down to about 350 pounds when that photo was taken and I felt great. But 5 years and 4 children later I was back up to 422 pounds.
Things have been getting better though. Currently I am 365 pounds. About 4 months ago I got back into the garbage business as a residential trash driver. In that job I walked about 3-6 miles a day and the weight fell off for the first few months. However, it is time for the bigger project and to start my journey to the ultimate goal: healthy. I will never be 150 pounds, its simply not a realistic option for me and honestly I dont want to be that small. I love lifting weights and being muscular. So I am laying out what I think is a realistic goal: 250 pounds. That means that I need to loose another 115 pounds, aka a small person. The next post is going to contain the basic parameters for how I am going to loose the next 40 pounds. 


1 comment:

  1. Keep it up. You look ripped in grad school. that is where I put on most of my weight. I am sitting at a plump 238. Down from 252 2 months ago. I want to get to a "huge" 200-215 of muscle.

    ReplyDelete